Come and join our research team at the Ethology Department of the Eötvös Loránd University! The Hungarian Government offers two scholarship programs for foreign applicants:
the HUNGARIAN STATE SCHOLARSHIPS
application deadline: 30 January 2017, Monday (until 11 pm CET)
and the STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
application deadline: 5 March 2017 (until 23:59 CET)
We give you a short summary of both scholarships here. If you are interested, please follow the links below, and write to our correspondents’ email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
HUNGARIAN STATE SCHOLARSHIPS
Tempus Public Foundation offers scholarships for foreign higher education students, graduates who would like to gain further knowledge and experience in Hungarian higher education institutions.
Applications may be submitted in two ways:
1) As a nominee of the sending country’s national scholarship organisation, based on the bilateral agreement of the two countries (independently from the applicant’s nationality): For bachelor, master or doctoral full degree studies: Latvia, Germany
Only for doctoral full degree studies: Croatia, Romania
2) Independently from the sending country’s national scholarship organisation, the citizens of the following countries may apply for bachelor, master or doctoral full degree studies: Austria, Belgium, Brazilia, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Malajsya, The Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA
For doctoral full degree studies: Greece, Italy, Spain
Applicants, as future ministerial scholarship holders for full degree bachelor, master and doctoral studies, can only apply for programs held in Hungarian language. In case of doctoral studies for applicants holding a master’s degree a successful entrance exam at the Hungarian doctoral school is a precondition to being granted by the scholarship. However, if the host institution declares that the doctoral program could be fullfilled by English speakers then Hungarian language skills are not required from the applicant.
CASES OF NON-ELIGIBILITY
- Foreign citizens with an immigration/ settlement permit or in the course of applying for such a permit in Hungary, or dual citizens
- Foreign citizens with permanent residence in Hungary
- Foreign citizens employed on a permanent basis as defined by the Hungarian Labour Law Students in employment applying for part-time or correspondence study programmes
Apply here: www.scholarship.hu
Before starting the online procedure please read the Online Application Guide carefully: http://tka.hu/international-programmes/4133/information-for-applicants
Deadline: 30 January 2017, Monday 11 pm
Find more about the details, forms, and info here:
If you are interested to do a PhD while studying cognitive aging in family dogs send your cv (with publication list) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. More info about the project: https://familydogproject.elte.hu/senior-family-dog-project/
STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses).
Both full time and partial study modes are available, depending on/defined in the specific bilateral educational cooperation agreement. In case of partial studies, applicants can only apply to those study levels (bachelor, master, doctoral) that they are attending in their sending, home institutions. Partial studies are available for up to one academic year and no further extension is possible.
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship
– exemption from the payment of tuition fee
– non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
– doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
– dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
– health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
For full time programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, Oriental Republic of Uruguay, Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia (FYROM is used at OSCE, UN, CoE, EU and NATO fora), Republic of Moldova, Republic of Namibia, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Yemen , Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Israel, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States
For partial study programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Belarus, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States
Basic Application Documents
- Online application form
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of passport
- Statement for Application
Deadline for submitting the complete application package: 5st March 2017 (until 23:59 Central European Time)
Find more about the details, forms, and info on the Scholarship Programme:
If you are interested in doing a PhD in cognitive aging in family dogs send your cv (with publication list) and a motivation letter to email@example.com. More info about the project: https://familydogproject.elte.hu/senior-family-dog-project/