4 credits, lecture, optional, can be taken only once, Pázmány P. s. 1/c, 7.110
Responsible person and lecturer: Enikő Kubinyi, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This is a 4 days course in the exam period. Students are required to read chapters of the recommended books or other materials and give oral presentations.
Knopik, V.S., Neiderhiser, J. DeFries, J.C., Plomin, R. (2016). Behavioral genetics. (7th ed.) New York: Worth Publishers.
Detailed topics of the course:
1. Introduction to behavioural genetics
– Mendel’s Laws of Heredity
– Exceptions to Mendel’s Law
2. The Interplay between Genes and Environment
3. Identifying genes
4. Gene expression and epigenetics
5. Genetic background of complex behavioural traits: cognitive (dis)abilities, personality
6. Evolution and Behaviour